Before I mini-rant, let’s talk about her good points. (I don’t like Dany but I don’t hate [as much] her either.)
Dany has some good points:
1. She has dragons (which will probably outlive her and move on)
2. Pretty and hot. (Bad taste in men though. Really, blue moustache? Really?)
3. She cares about the people. (Yes, sometimes it leads to a bad consequence but she cares unlike 60-70% of leaders in Westeros?)
4. She commits to marriage for the safety of the people. –cough- unlike Robb -cough-
Now, let’s start from the beginning.
1. Dany is not a rightful heir to the throne. The Targaryens were rightfully conquered by the Baratheons. Although the Queen right now is Cercei, by right and actual blood relation, Stannis Baratheon should have been king even if he has a questionable [crazy blood-leech-sucking] Red Priest lady by his side. But I will not be angry if Dany, by her own will and power, conquers Westeros and takes the throne. I mean, go for it. Good for her.
2. Her knowledge of Westeros. She is misinformed by her brother and when Sir Barristan tried to explain about the Starks and her father, she calls them Usurper’s dogs and refuse to listen about them or the misdeeds of her father. Yes she could learn but she knows nothing (HAHA. reference.) for now and she is still so far from Westeros in the current books. I hope she listens and learn before she goes out and destroy things because I am truly afraid she might injure and kill many people.
3. Targaryens are not immune to fire. Wow. There are a lot of threads on this. They are not immune to fire. The author said so himself. Stop saying such things. I know Dany is highly resistant to fire but she is NOT immune to fire. Only time she was unburned was during the humansacrifice-dragoneggburning-deadbody thing. So yay magic!
4. The burning of Mirri Maz Duur. I sympathize with Mirri Maz Duur. Look, someone goes to your village, a place where all your friends and possibly family live, and just ransack your home because you know, that’s what they do. Then, while you are getting raped along with your village residents, a pretty blond girl stop them from raping you even further and ‘saves’ you by making you her slave. You refuse to do blood magic to save her husband, you know, the leader who is responsible for the ransack, but the blond girl begs you to save him even though you did warn her it will cost a life. Now the blond girl being dissatisfied with your known evil blood magic burns you to death. Well anyway, thanks MMD, without you there would probably be no awesome dragons.
5. Uhh Leadership Skills? None. I mean, close to none. I do agree though that she is a great conqueror. Her drive accompanied with her entitlement and her connect mind to all thing Targaryen makes her a perfect conqueror. When I mean her ‘drive’, I mean her possible craziness because her father, you know, the MAD KING who like [most] all Targaryens are married to their sisters, well is her father. You know the phrase:
Madness and greatness were two sides of the same coin and every time a new Targaryen was born, the gods would toss the coin in the air and the world would hold its breath to see how it would land.
I truly hope she is destined for greatness rather than madness but since her outcomes and record is horrible, I will stick with madness.
6. Uhh Attack Conquer then…[did you just usurp cities like the Baratheons?] Yeah, she is powerful with dragons. She killed the slave masters and freed the slave. Then.. moves to next city. Not much new laws. No temporary government to rule. Just take all the slaves for your army and go. No idea how you are going to feed your army. This is bad especially since it will take you AWHILE to travel to Westeros.
Oh, did you just close the fighting pits? Well, since you don’t have a lot to feed your army, your ex-slaves actually wants to open up the pits to fight in order to earn money because they are hungry and poor.
Oh, did you just destroy their customs and heritage because you didn’t like the way they’ve been doing things [ever since years and years ago]? It’s fine because since you have dangerous dragons, who supposedly ate a kid once, no one will argue with you. Oh wait, people are angry and disorganized. Someone then takes over the city and kills many of your own people [since you conquered them, you have responsibility] and crowns himself king since you are away.
7. Entitled much? Even Queen Cercei doesn’t have such a long title. Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, called Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons.
Hm.. without her dragons? Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, called Daenerys Stormborn .
8. Would the people in Westeros accept her? Hmm. A girl claiming to be a Targaryen come flying on dangerous looking dragons is going to conquer you. Its Winter. Not much food, what are the dragons going to eat? Well, I guess they could eat enemies [Usurper’s dogs and anyone else who refuse to bend the knee]. I am truly afraid her dragons might accidentally eat my siblings since she doesn’t look like she has full control over them. It’s okay, maybe it is a good thing. Dragons can burn the Others? Oh wait, did another person just claimed that he is a Targaryen? Oh no! that means war = less food, more death.
There is more to rant about but the post is getting too long. I want to say though that Dany has a chance to change and mature since she is still young. I do applaud her for sticking with a marriage with Hizdahr but it was a very bad [timing and] decision since Quentyn was a strong link that could bind her to a victory and ally in Westeros. I am just sick of people saying Dany is awesome JUST because she is hot and has dragons. I truly hope she uses her dragons for good. –cough- OTHERS-cough-